This week we will be working with Magical Creatures. You will have a three part assignment. Please post all answers on your weekly blog.
Part One: Please Describe and Explain 5 items that you would use for the care of Magical Creatures. ie: mittens for handling of poisonous plants, goggles etc. There are no wrong answers as long as they can describe how the object is used. You will received 5 points for each described item and 5 points if you post an original photo of everyday items found around your home to represent each item. (originality marker rules applies for photos)
1. Cup of water to offer the unicorn young to drink
2. A prod for herding unicorns and pegasus gently into their pens
3. A pumpkin for feeding herbivores
4. Hay to make a warm bed for the Hippogriff
5. A journal for keeping track of care and shots records
Part Two: Complete the following quiz about House Elves. 5 points for each correct answer.
1. Please describe the physical appearance of a house elf.
Short, long ears, long think gangly arms and legs, tannish color
2. Kreacher is the house elf of which wizarding family?
The Black Family
3. What is Hermione Granger making for the house elves?
Little hats and socks she knitted
4. How do you free a house elf?
Give it clothing
5. What does S.P.E.W. stand for?
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
Part Three: Bonus/Extra Credit assignment. For a bonus assignment, knit or crochet a SPEW project that will be sent to our lovely Ms. Mooney as part of this year's S.P.E.W project. You will receive 25 points for your completed project.