Monday, August 31, 2009
Oli the Goth Owl: Loves listening to Metallica, wearing black and red and watching Interview with the Vampire
Punky the Troll: Loves rave clubs, rock music and long walks on beaches
Floppy the Cerberus: Cousin to Fluffy, he likes music also. Oly this three headed dog prefers music by Three Dog Night, The Beagles (Paul McBarkeney is his favorite) and The Rolling Bones! Floppy also enjoys long walks on the beach but it's byops (bring your own pooper scooper).
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Match the spell with the action preformed. Please submitt answers using just the number and letter combination. (ie 2D)
Select from the following answers to complete the statements listed below. Please submit answers in the following form: 1. Blast-ended skrewt
- 10th Century
- Bowman Wright
- 382BC 4.Helga Hufflepuff, 5.Rowena Ravenclaw, 6.Salazar Slytherin 7.Godric Gryffindor
- 1326 10.Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
All answers can be found in Quiddich through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp. This portion of the quiz is open book.
Please submit the answers only.
1. A bird called the snidget
2. A common quidditch foul caused by a player using his elbows excessively to hurt another player
3. A quidditch foul where two of a team’s Chasers knock the opposing team’s Keeper out of the way so that their third Chaser can score a goal easily
4. Puddlemere United
5. Holyhead Harpies
6. Kenmare Kestrels
7. Pride of Portree
8. Wimbourne Wasps
9. Waytown Wanderers
10. Tutshill Tornados
Please refer to Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them by Newt Scamander. This portion will also be open book. Each answer will be two parts. First identify the Ministry of Magic (MOM) Classification and Second give a one sentence discription of the “Beast”.
1. Centaur - XXXX - The Centaur is a magical creature that is has the body of a horse, and the torso, arms and head of a Human and come in a variety of colours, ranging from deep black to palomino.
2. Kelpie - XXXX - The Kelpie is a water demon native to Britain and Ireland that usually takes the form of a horse with a bullrush mane luring unwary travellers onto their backs and dragging them underwater and eating them.
3. Pogrebin - XXX - The Pogrebin is a foot-tall Russian demon with an oversized grey head that is attracted to Humans, and enjoys trailing them.
4. Acromantula - XXXXX - Acromantulas are giant spiders native to the jungles of southeast Asia and are believed to be wizard bred for the purpose of guard dwellings or treasure hoardes.
5. Erkling - XXXX - The Erkling is an elfish creature, which has a particuarly affinity for the taste of children and uses its high pitch cackle to entrancing and lure them away from their guardians to eat them.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Most of my dreams have always been about dragons! Yeah I know big surprise sooooo here is a tiny crocheted dragon to represent my dreams.
Welcome to Divination!
This term we are going to be studying the art of Dream Interpretation. You have two options to choose from, and knitting, crochet and spinning are all acceptable.
Option One: Dream When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor? A singer? A mom? For this assignment, create something that shows us what your dream is or was.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
3oz box Berry Blue Jello gelatin (or any gelatin flavor that will give you blue color)
1 1/2 cup boiling water
8 oz container frozen non dairy topping (I used fat free)
1 oz package White Chocolate instant pudding (I used sugar free)
1 pint blueberries
1 graham cracker crumb pie crust
In large bowl, add boiling water to gelatin and stir for two minutes until dissolved. Using wire whisk, stir in frozen whipped topping and instant pudding until well mixed. Place in frig for 1 hour to firm.
Remove from frig and stir in 1/2 pint of blueberries. Reserve rest for topping. Pour mixture into pie crust and refrigerate till firm.
Top with remaining blueberries.
Serving size: 1/8 of pie
Calories per serving: 250
Fiber per serving: 1 gram
Fat grams per serving: 5 grams
WW points per serving: 5 points
August 14-22 Arithmancy is the study of numbers, how they interrelate and the patterns created by specific sequences. Often one thinks of large complex charts when the subject is approached, however, with this mini challenge we will focus on one the simple aspects. We will only be changing one variable and compare the results. For this practical challenge we will be ::gasp:: swatching. Using the same yarn & stitch pattern & only changing the size needles used, make at least two 4x4inch swatches. Each set MUST have at least 2 swatches in the same yarn, same pattern, but using different sized needles/hooks. (Larger swatches may be made, 4x4 is the minimum size accepted.) When turning in your challenge pieces, please include information on yarn, needle sizes used, stitch pattern, the stitches per inch obtained, and Rows per inch. (The usual information you should note when swatching!)
Row 1: SC in each chain across, ch 1 turn.
Row 2: Sc in first stitch, Treble crochet in next. Continue alternating across in each stitch. ch 1 turn.
Row 3: 1 sc in each stitch across, ch 1 turn.
Repeate rows 2 and 3 until desired size.
Mission Falls 1824 Wool 100% Merino Superwash, Navy (#22)
- C/2/2.75 5 stitches and 5 rows to the inch; 9 trebles to the row, ch 20
- F/5/3.75 - 5 stitches and 5 rows to the inch; 8 trebles to the row, ch 17
- G/6/4.00 - 5 stitches and 4 rows to the inch; 9 trebles to the row, ch 17
- H/8 /5.00 - 4 stitches and 4 rows to the inch; 7 trebles to the row, ch 15
- I/9/5.50 - 3 stitches and 3 rows to the inch; 7 trebles to the row, ch 15
- J/10/6.00 - 3 stitches and 3 rows to the inch; 6 trebles to the row, ch 14
- K/10.5/6.50 - 3 stitches and 3 rows to the inch; 6 trebles to the row, ch 14
- L/11/8.00 - 3 stitches and 3 rows to the inch; 5 trebles to the row, ch 11
- M/13/9.00 - 3 stitches and 2 rows to the inch; 5 trebles to the row, ch 11
- P/**/15.00 - 2 stitches and 2 rows to the inch; 4 trebles to the row, ch 10
Camp's almost ovah
Makes me saddah.
has us drinking,
And that billywig is even stopped and blinking.
I went egghunting
with my cabin;
Counselors hid 'em
and we found 'em.
She got taken to the ER but is now free.
All the counselors
have been knitting,
And the trees have
And the headmistress
thinks its quitting,
If we stop buying yarn and jsut are waiting.
Now I don't want
that this should scare you,
has pink hair now.
Seems her cousin
Thistle pranked her,
and the look is rather bright with glare.
Let me stay, oh
Let me stay, I
don't make me saddah!
Don't take me
home from here,
All my friends have become so dear.
Let me stay,
I need the yarn and patterns,
All to crochet
with other campers,
O please Just
let me stay,
I've wanna be here much more days.
How's my precious
Send it to me
I can use it,
I promised Prendolyn that she could knit it.
Wait a minute,
There's a yarn sale,
we're all racing.
to the store now,
gee that's betta,
Mudda, Fadda kindly send the family credits!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Game 7 was Follow the Patronus and the leader
followed her patronus to various locations and found various bits of written things left behind by people that were active in the end of Voldemort’s reign and life. I will be sharing those clues with you today/tonight, starting here. ....Follow that clue to a distant relative of the author of the clue to find the next one. Please remember, though, that it will likely take about 5 minutes to hike to the next location of the following clue! And I will say again, when you find the last clue to take you to the chat room to wait for everyone else to join us, sign in with your Potter name! If you do not, your cabin will not get the credit!The clues were small snippets of dialogue and we had to determine from the snippet who wrote it. Then from that, figure out who is related to that author (according to shared name) and check their blog for the next clue.
And Billywigs won!
Friday, August 14, 2009
We will be learning about merpeople.
As some of you know, these magical, mysterious creatures refused the “Being” status in favor of “Beast” for they would not be in the same classification as Hags and Vampires (and who could blame them?).
Merpeople live underwater but can breathe above for a period of time. They talk Mermish, which can be spoken by very few wizards. They also love music and keep Grindylows as pets.
Sirens, selkies and Merrows are all considered merpeople. Sirens are the most commonly known, even among muggles. That is because they are very pleasing to the eye.
For your assignment, students should knit, crochet or spin:
- Something related to the sea.
Dragonsinger presenting her good friend, Molly Mermaid!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Vladimir, my message delivering bat (yes I know normal witches and wizards use owls, I never said I was normal *grins*) is now winging his way to Penelope of Flitwick with her goodies! He should arrive in a few days, though I should warn you, he may want a nap and really loves his breakfast in bed!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
May I present my Red Cap!
Be jealous, be very jealous *gloats* My swap package from Staarkatt
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
All the goodies together
The "extras" Magnifying glasses, pencil box, clipboard, note pad, journal, stitchmarkers, a color kaliedescope, iron on owl patch and colored pencils
Care of Magical Creatures
A "gryffindor" Lion pattern found here
And for Herbology - this Victorian Lace hat found here
And a stenciled bag for her to keep it all in
It seems I am the lucky recepient of Moaning Myrtle's own special formula to achieve the same 'interesting' complexion she has!!!
That's okay cause I slipped one of my own in there too. Poor Piper Poplartree received a nicely dry cleaned sweater by Gred & Forge Weasley *grins*
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Clue #1 Draught of Peace
Clue #2 What potion is used when someone gets petrified? Mandrake Restorative Potion
Clue #3 What potion would you give someone if you wanted to hear nothing but nonsense coming from them? Babbling Beverage
Clue #4: Fred and George suggested that Lee Jordan use WHAT potion after he had tested their Fever Fudge? Murtlap Essence -
As for the other three potions, since she said she was bringing 7, I did some searching and found this list of things in her trunk. 2 of the ones here were already listed above and I'm guessing the remaining three are
5.) Wit Sharpening potion to stay one step ahead of the pranksters
6.) Mrs. Scower's Magical Mess Remover for cleaning up after the pranksters or wild campfire gatherings
7) Shrinking solution for both pranks of her own and easy packing!