Thursday, December 16, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Since I now know my spoilee received her swap, I can post what I sent her:
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
DEATH EATER MOLLY WEASLEY LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a costume I've started working on for the 2012 HPEF Con in Orlando and now I have her mask!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
The red of the yarn is great! and the purple feels so nice. The scarf will come in handy and the little sockettes(?) are so cute! and the Holst has such color to them!
And since she received hers I can post a photo of it here
A lovely Hufflepuff sock as well as a cute 4 Privet Drive Ornament :D A citrus soap loaf that I am looking forward to using in a bit and hibiscus tea that has the most wonderful smell to it and tastes delicious. Our German Shepherd and Norfolk Terrier thank you profusely for the owl treats which they partook of since we don't have an owl but a mail bat :D
Thank you so much! It made my day :D
Oddly enough, I had a similiar idea for my package that went out:
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
- Knit or crochet or both? Crochet
- Brands you would like to try but don't have easy access to Anything I live in a small small rural town.
- Favorite fibers/least favorite fibers Fine threads using small hooks is difficult for me
- Favorite colors Black, Red, Purple, Dark Teal or any combination
- Least favorite colors White, anything pastel, PINK and YELLOW especially
- Yarn weight preferences worsted and up tho some sock yarn ok. Cannot work with threads or laceweights
- Salty or Sweet or...? Neither.. we are keeping all snacks out of the house except for fresh fruits and vegetables
- Tea or Coffee or...? Both
- Allergies Smoke
- Other things you like, i.e., buttons, pens, fabric, stitchmarkers, etc. Buttons, fabrics, stitchmarkers and thimbles
- Currently Craving coffee
- Measurements (feet for socks, wrists, head circumference) Message me for these
Monday, July 5, 2010
Thanks! I love it! :D
For the last round I was up against Hermione Bagnold and it was a tough battle! My final piece finished was this premie baby blanket which will be sent to The Linus Connection
Monday, June 14, 2010
Going to Ofenjen for The Linus Connection in Austin:
There are 20 6" squares in each photo
Also this 36" square blanket
This 55" square blanket
This was a "joint project" as it was made with skeins of Paton's Canadiana donated by [celticmommy](/people/CelticMommy) :)
55" Square Granny Ghan
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
A messenger style bag commemorating Minerva McGonagal in Gryffindor colors and a cat applique. Rust colored yarn to go with a celtic shawl pattern! Hook, teas in a lovely tin, a lovely drawstring pouch for hooks and just for Arthur Weasley, a little rubber ducky :D Thanks so much!!!!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Spent the afternoon in Fort Smith with my hubby, Sir Dragon Preacher. While 2 hours was to see the healers at St. VA clinic, the rest was for us and while we were out, he bought me a new sewing machine *goes back to happy dancing*
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh not in my family!
As you can see his sisters' were thrilled and respected his accomplishment so very much!
And of course, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Roommate/Best Friend!
Ok maybe a little heavy!!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Part 1:Go around your house, outdoors, for a hike, or wherever and take pictures of 5 different plants, herbs, or flowers that might be used in potions.Also, include the names of these (if you don't know their name feel free to make one up) and the description of potential use(s) for each.
1) Oak Tree The bark of the oak brewed into a tea has been used for healing varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and reducing fevers. Acorns from the tree are also crushed and used in various herbal preparations including mixing with milk to help counteract reactions to medication.
2) Iris Iris flowers and leaves contain vitamin C in quantities ...www.liveandfeel.com
3. Gardinia antiseptic potions
4. Lilac good for potions that bring harmony
4 points for each original picture, 2 points if pictures come from the internet, 1 point for each name, 1 point for each description of use.Total possible points for this section is 30 points
2. Porcupine quills are to be added when to a Boil Cure Potion?
Part 3:Take a picture of and list the ingredients and/or instructions to make one of your favorite potions that you have created.This potion must have at the minimum, two ingredients to make it. Be sure to include you originality marker to prove it's yours!!!For example it could be something as simple as your favorite coffee (with sugar or creme), or it could be an alcoholic mixed drink concoction that you have created. Your potion could also be an actual potion, oil, salve, or something else that you use as well.'
Nothing keeps me warmer than a good cup of English Breakfast Tea.
1 English Breakfast Teabag (made the traditional way with tea from Scotland but called English cause the English love to drink it)
1 autodrip coffee maker
1 pot of water
1) Put tea bag in empty mug.
2) Take out teabag put in husband’s old coffee mug from night before he left on counter and rinse quickly
3) Put tea bag in your own empty mug
4) Pour pot of water into Auto drip coffee maker and run through
5) Pour out pot of water you just heated, empty grounds left in coffee maker from last brew, rinse pot, fill with fresh water and run through again.
6) Pour water into mug with teabag and let steep 3-5 min.
7) Sip and enjoy.
Total possible points for this section is 20 points
Friday, April 30, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Blog about one of the following topics:
--- A day in the eyes of my shoes (literally pretend you are you're shoes)
--- "What I did this weekend"
--- "My Favorite Super Hero and Why they're my favorite"
--- Think of a moment that really defined who you are today. Tell us about it.
--- Write a story about the dumbest invention that everybody owns.
--- Imagine you are your favorite animal. Write about the journey you go through as this animal.
What I did this weekend? Well, not much really out of the ordinary. Except for working on my son's graduation present. No photos yet but I've charted an afghan that has his school initials, their motto and the year at the bottom. It's 155 stitches wide and 160 rows long. The background is white, school initials and year done in grey. Motto is royal blue. I'm using the extended single crochet through out and once finished, making another hopefully for his roommate/friend as well. Managed to complete about half of it over the weekend.
Monday, April 12, 2010
This week we will be working with Magical Creatures. You will have a three part assignment. Please post all answers on your weekly blog.
Part One: Please Describe and Explain 5 items that you would use for the care of Magical Creatures. ie: mittens for handling of poisonous plants, goggles etc. There are no wrong answers as long as they can describe how the object is used. You will received 5 points for each described item and 5 points if you post an original photo of everyday items found around your home to represent each item. (originality marker rules applies for photos)
1. Cup of water to offer the unicorn young to drink
2. A prod for herding unicorns and pegasus gently into their pens
3. A pumpkin for feeding herbivores
4. Hay to make a warm bed for the Hippogriff
5. A journal for keeping track of care and shots records
Part Two: Complete the following quiz about House Elves. 5 points for each correct answer.
1. Please describe the physical appearance of a house elf.
Short, long ears, long think gangly arms and legs, tannish color
2. Kreacher is the house elf of which wizarding family?
The Black Family
3. What is Hermione Granger making for the house elves?
Little hats and socks she knitted
4. How do you free a house elf?
Give it clothing
5. What does S.P.E.W. stand for?
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
Part Three: Bonus/Extra Credit assignment. For a bonus assignment, knit or crochet a SPEW project that will be sent to our lovely Ms. Mooney as part of this year's S.P.E.W project. You will receive 25 points for your completed project.